Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Monday is here...and I'm denying it all! Come joing the fun at MckMama's and find out for yourself how wonderfully refreshing it is to spill the beans about all the so did *not* happen last week.


I did *not* decide find a vacation rental home in Florida at an outrageously good price and decide to jump on it. Especialy not since it meant leaving in three days. Especially since I didn't have thing ready to go. I wouldn't do something that impulsive. (Even with the blessing of my husband)

After booking the house we did not have to scramble to get our car in better working order. Nope, not me! (Really, my husband did all the work!)

We did not make plans to leave our two dogs with my father-in-law. Only to have to find a new arrangement for the puppy. And that was *not* because she came down with some stomach something that meant I spent over an hour on my knees cleaning out messes from her kennel. Not I!

Our van did *not* overheat on the way down here leaving us a little anxious for a few hours. Our kids did *not* make repeated inquiries to the nature of our beasts ability to make the trip down here. My husband and I were *not* having the same thoughts (albiet unspoken).

I did *not* when we arrived, tell my husband not to worry about changing the kids into their bathing suits before we went to the beach. I wouldn't say anything like 'they're just going to wade. That's what they did last time." And have all three of the kids in over their heads. Ty did *not* run out into the ocean and get tumbled by the waves and go back for more. Becca did *not* dance in the waves and fall down and decide to keep going back. Hope did *not* crawl out and sit in the breaking waves shivering. I plan for the contingencies much better than that.

I am *not* looking forward to a great week of memory making and picture taking down here. And I did *not* forget half my camera stuff leaving me wondering how to improvise. Not me!
I hope you all have a great week. Making no mistakes. I'm sure I won't be!

Bethany

3 comments:

Wayne said...

great not me monday I think that you did right to go on the vacation even if it was impulsive. theres nothing wrong with it.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Your impulsive beach vacation sounds like so much fun! Sounds like your kiddos love the ocean. :)
Great Not Me's!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time in Florida! Can't wait to see the pictures when you get home.