Sunday, February 1, 2009

Not Me! Monday

I didn't join the fun of Not Me! Monday last week. It was just too busy, but I didn't want to miss the carnival created by MckMama this week. If you want to join the fun of letting the world know all about what you did *not* do last week hop on over here and play along. Without further ado...






I am totally not excited that I found this new great magazine called Serious Life. They just published the February issue today, and I am in their Featured Blog Directory. And I am definitly not excited that they listed my blog! The magazine includes a lot of great content from bloggers, photos and other content. The magazine is owned and published by a family who have seven kids, three adopted and one who has Leukemia (www.riggsfamilyblog.com). The magazine gives away a bunch of ads to charities and ministries. Besides great articles on interesting people, there is a lot about family, adoption, personal finance, spiritual life, humor… all sorts of “life” topics. You can click here to get your free subscription.

This week I most certainly did not feed my baby Life cereal every day for a week. Kids need varied food for nutrition. Even if that is all my daughter would eat I wouldn't feed it to her three times a day just to end a fit! Nope! Not Me!

I did not walk into the girl's room to talk to Ty and Becca and smell a horribly strong detergent smell. When I inquired, my dear sweet children did not pull multiple fabric softener sheets from their pockets and shirts and explain they just wanted to SMELL good! Not in my house!

It did not take me until my baby was 13 months old to leave her with a sitter to be put to bed. Not Me!

On the above mentioned night, my husband and I did not brave a snow storm that was in the process of dumping 12" to go out for a wonderfully fabulous date. I also did not eat steak and ribs on said night. I also did not complain again that I just can't seem to lose my baby weight!

Come join the fun! Tell us how *perfect* your week has been. And if you don't, pop on over to MckMama's and check out all the fabulous bloggers who were brave enough too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oldrest turned 3 before he knew what a babysitter was! And even then it was just at church!

Great list...have a blessed week!

Amanda

Khadra said...

I would brave a blizzard too for some alone time with my husband!

and we have had days that were all ravioli, or all cheerios, or all bagels...you do what you gotta do lol!

Lindsay said...

Oh gosh, my child is 12 months old and we haven't left her with a sitter outside of the family before yet! I need to get on that - maybe Valentines Day!?!

By the way there are days all my little one will eat is Special K. :)