Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One o'clock, Two o'clock, Three o'clock PUKE

Oh the joys of motherhood. The flu bug has hit our home again. It's times like these I wonder why I didn't stop at after one child. : )

Seriously though, I sometimes wonder what in the world is going on in our home. I think it's all the hospital visits lately. Within two days of taking the kids to see Grandma B. one of them ends up sick. Of course having sick kids is never fun, but this time it gets a little more complicated. Becca's birthday party is supposed to be this weekend. Do I cancel yet? Do I wait and see? Do I not tell anyone and just pray they won't get sick? (I am TOTALLY kidding.)

Times like these make me stop.

I have no choice. I have to stop and be still. Times like these give God a chance to work in my ever impatient heart. Showing me how to be still. How to rest in Him. How to not let my desire to do get in the way of His work. So for now, I sit and wait on Him.

I wish that were true of me everyday, but it just is not. So many days I plan my day and throw a quick prayer over my shoulder asking Him to bless it. Truth told, I don't always do that. I want to. But I so often do the thing I want not to do. I know I'm not alone. Paul spoke of it. Other examples in the Bible and heros of the faith speak of it. But, in times like these when I stop and see how often I leave God out of my day, I am sad. I know He has not left me, but the knowledge that I leave Him hurts. And the worst part for me, is knowing that I hurt Him.

While days like today, and the days we had just a few weeks ago are inconvenient, I am thankful for them. Thankful for the time to stop. To pause. To remember the One that loves me most and rest in the knowledge that He will always be there for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, baby girl is getting back on her feet after this last round of sickness. Literally on her feet. Doug said she walked all over the house while I was away at a meeting. (Mom's Night at Panera. Very close to Paradise for me!) I was a little sad to miss all those first steps, but glad Daddy got to see some of it. Ty and Becca are so excited to help. By help read, dangling toys just in front of her to make her walk until Hope screams and they finally relent and give them to her! As I said, I was very glad Daddy got to see some of it.

The changes in Tyler this past year are amazing to me. He has gone from little boy to just plain boy. On Sundays, he no longer wants us to take him to Sunday school. No, he can do it himself. "Just tell me if I'm going to 11:00 am service, Mom." He says it so casually, as though he has been doing this for months, not a few weeks. I'm so proud of him!

Becca is so excited about her birthday coming up. For two whole months she and Ty will only be 1 year apart. She wants the 'pink princess' from the Disney Princesses to be her party theme. I have no idea who this princess is. If you know, would you fill me in? Thanks. Her pink princess party is also to include Mexican food! YUM! She loves guacamole! Daddy love pico so Mexican it is. (Grandma I. tell Grandpa he's missing the black beans!) I'm praying she will have a great time. She's pretty sad Grandma B. won't be able to make it so I'm hoping that the weather will be good and all the other family can be here.

It is time for me to return to all the cleaning I'm avoiding. We do have a birthday party coming after all! I hope you all will find yourselves in a quiet place where you can wait on Him to come meet you this week. Hugs,

Bethany

No comments: