Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thoughts on my mother-in-law


Doug and I were talking about his mom the other night. She has been in the hospital for over two weeks now fighting a life threatening infection. Many complications have come up, many decisions no one wants to make have been made. As we were talking Doug said, "I always hated it when people told me I was like my mom." And then he just shook his head at the lack of perspective he had as a child. It's funny how being a parent changes our views.

I'm so glad Doug is like his mom. Strong and tenacious. Loyal and caring. Full of life and fun. Doug and his mom laugh alike. Have the same beautiful eyes. Have the same attention to details. They make friends easily and keep them for a lifetime. They love to cook and love good food. They know what they want and don't stop until they get it. And they are both stubborn as they come! I'm so grateful to have them in my life.

No comments: