Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me Monday



If you're not reading MckMama's blog, you should be. Especially if you're a mom. Especially on Mondays. It is free therapy day. Not Me Monday is all about the things you most definitely did NOT do and if you had, you never would dream of blogging about it. Ahem, things I did not do...

There was never a day last week the kids and I stayed in our pajamas until 3pm. No way would I ever let them do that. Who cares if it's cold and the kids want to stay in their footy 'jamas. No decent mother would serve lunch to children still in the pajamas.

I also did not, out of desperation, turn on PBS and let my two older children watch it for an hour while I got a much needed nap. This mom knows that careful supervision is a must and wouldn't dream of doing such a thing...even if the baby has been getting up at 5:45 every morning and laying down for a nap just as the 'big' kids wake up.

I certainly would never take my kids to the hospital to visit my sick MIL at dinner time, with no snacks, no games, no defenses. And I certainly wouldn't stay there three hours if I had. Nope, not me!

And last but not least, I did not feed my kids cereal and ice cream for dinner last night. In this house, no matter who or how many members of the family are sick, I always have good food on the table at appropriate times.

So that's what I didn't do last week! How about you? Play along with all of us at www.mycharmingkids.net Besides,it's a great way to find other cool blogs!

1 comment:

Khadra said...

Glad you got a nap. I cant get one because my kids would set me on fire, but I understand they are very refreshing.