Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

Happy Birthday, Hope. I cannot believe two years have flown by so fast. I will never forget the first time I laid eyes on you with all your beautiful black hair and bright blue eyes. You looked nothing like either of your siblings. Daddy and I were so in love with you from the start.

You came home when you were just 25 hours old. Even though there was a mountain of snow we headed right back out so you could meet your Grandma and Grandpa Bishop. It was the first time Grandma was able to see any of her grandbabies before they were a few days old. I'll never forget her saying your name over and over so she could remember it. You laid on her chest and she stared down at you, your eyes mirroring her blue.

Now you have my brown eyes, but Grandma and Daddy's sense of humor and desire for independence. You love to laugh, talk on the phone, play with your babies, and do "school" with Ty and Becca. You tell jokes, and sometimes they are actually funny. You love to "snuggle buggle" and pretend to be dog. Your favorite phrase right now is "stop it" which you use often on any and all members of this house, including the dogs. You are always "hungy" and in the pantry looking for "cookie monstersts" which is anything from raisins to crackers to cookies to cereal.

You still love your "blankely" and "pacifriwer." I'm not in a hurry for you to give them up either. Part of me wants to hang onto the baby in you forever.

We waited and prayed so long for you. God has blessed our lives richly through your laugh, your love and your crazy antics. I cannot imagine going through life without being your mommy and I treasure this time with you.

I love you so much, baby girl. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Love the pictures... she is precious! Happy Birthday Hope! :)

Marley's Mama said...

Time flies, doesn't it? Happy birthday, little Hoppy Toad! Love you!

Amanda said...

Ok, so you totally have me bawling at this.. LOVE the pictures... the one of her in a stocking is precious... and with her grandma... sobbing...(me that is)

Happy birthday girl!! It is so obvious you are much loved!

Blessings-
Amanda

Laura said...

She is so adorable, what a beautiful post. Your family is so blessed! I love the first picture...you look gorgeous for just having a baby! :)

Happy Birthday Sweet Hope!

He & Me + 3 said...

She is absolutely adorable. I love her name. Beautiful. Happy Birthday sweet 2 year old Hope. The picture of her in her crib is just precious. Sleeping so sweetly.