Monday, August 1, 2011

A Very Sad Mix

It's a little thing. Really it is. At least that's what I keep saying to myself.  But, that I'm sad cannot be denied. For some reason as a mommy it's the little things that sometimes feel so very big.
It was a rather slow day in our house. I was sick and sleeping. Doug was recovering and watching the kids. My birthday had just past and unbeknown to me, our two oldest had been making birthday cards in the room Becca and Hope share. They had not cleaned up one very important item.  Enter exhibit A.


There are certain things in life that just should not mix. The pair of scissors and my preschooler's nap time for one. Especially on days when the girl doesn't feel like napping. And even more certainly on the days that she has had it with her little sister pulling her hair. Hope came to me before nap time to say, "Mommy, I want my hair little. I don't like it being big (long) anymore." I had just measured her ponytail to find out if it was eligible for Locks of Love. It was! I was so excited that even though she didn't want her hair anymore, someone would get some use out of my daughters 11 inches of blond hair. Instead of a fun mommy and daughter trip to the hair salon there was this.


And the walk of shame into W*lmart - the only place open at that time of day to get her hair cut.
(As a complete rant, they stylist comment was "What do you want me to do with it?" Seriously?)

And now my daughter sports this haircut.


 Spunky and sassy, and much to her daddy's chagrin a little like V*ctoria B*ckhams. 

Spunky and sassy and much to grown up for my little girl.  One day I'll laugh....

8 comments:

Brandi said...

*GASP-GASP-GASP* OH BETHANY!!! Bless your heart!!! Wow! She really did a job on her hair! I can only imagine your shock when you saw that pile of hair, but I love that you got the camera. I have to say the sassy little cut is ADORABLE though. It suits her very well. :)

jules said...

Oh my! That is a LOT of hair on that floor! It's a good thing she is so stinkin cute and can pull off the short haircut too....

McDaniel Family said...

Spunky and sassy...all very fitting for our little cutie!!! But oh...my...the picture with the hair on the floor did make me speechless! If I had walked into that I'm not sure I would have taken it so gracefully...so bonus points momma for loving your daughter well!!! Can't wait to see her in person :)

McDaniel Family said...

PS Ian wants to add that she really does look cute :)

recipegeek said...

Bethany, Never a dull moment at your house! Hope's new look is darling and who knows...she just may be the youngest hair stylist trend setter. When all her playmates see it, they may want that same haircut! :) I agree. she is so blessed to have a patient and understanding mommy.

He & Me + 3 said...

Actress did that once & I went bonkers. She cut it to the scalp on one side. She had to wear a ponytail for months. ugh. But I felt bad for being so upset after she said she just wanted to look fabulous. Ugh. Yes the hair cut is older...but it is super cute. The beauty about hair is it always grows back.

Amanda said...

Oh. My. Word.

I would FREAK OUT!!!! I mean, its adorable now and she is gorgeous, but AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

You are a super mom.

Happy belated birthday! Happy not being sick anymore!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! I don't know if I would have been able to keep from crying! So glad no one was hurt! :)

She looks very cute and sporty - what a lot of initiative your girlie has!